Cold Weather Shelter – The shelter opens the last Sunday of October and closes the first Sunday of April. If you attend a church that sponsors a shelter week, please work directly with your local shelter coordinator to schedule a time to volunteer. If you do not attend a church that sponsors a shelter week, please contact the coordinator for the week(s) you wish to volunteer.
If you are interested in serving regularly with a service project or in another capacity, please contact Liz at [email protected] or 301-733-2371 x 114.
Important Information for Volunteers:
- Each volunteer needs to fill out a Volunteer Application annually (October-September).
- Read over your specific volunteer job description (job descriptions listed below) and/or any job descriptions you may be interested in doing in the shelter.
- Click the orange Volunteer Application button to the right.
- Read and check that you’ve read the Reach Staff Persons Served Relationship and Sexual Abuse Policies.
- Click the “I’m not a robot button.” (It may have you select images to determine you’re not a computer auto filling forms).
- Click Submit.
- Notify the coordinator you’re serving with that you have completed your annual application.
- If you’re interested in serving additional weeks, please click on the shelter schedule for contact information for shelter coordinators.
- Please contact Liz at [email protected] if you have any questions or need additional information about volunteering with Reach.
- Thank you for sharing your time and energy with us and our residents.