Cold Weather Shelter:
The shelter will open the last Sunday of October 2018 and will remain open through the first Sunday of April 2019. If you attend a church that sponsors a shelter week, please work directly with your local shelter coordinator to schedule a time to volunteer. If you do not attend a church that sponsors a shelter week, please contact the coordinator for the week(s) you wish to volunteer.
Important Information for Volunteers:
- Each volunteer needs to fill out a Volunteer Application annually (October-September).
- Read over your specific volunteer job description (job descriptions listed below) and/or any job descriptions that you may be interested in doing in the shelter.
- Click the orange Volunteer Application button to the right.
- Read and check that you’ve read the Reach Staff Persons Served Relationship and Sexual Abuse Policies.
- Click the I’m not a robot button. (It may have you select images to determine you’re not a computer auto filling forms).
- Click Submit.
- Notify the coordinator you’re serving with that you have completed your annual application.
- If you’re interested in serving additional weeks, please click on the shelter schedule for contact information for the shelter coordinators.
- If you’re interested in serving regularly, with a service project or in another capacity, please contact Diana at Diana@reachofwc.org or 301-733-2371 ext 114
- Please contact Diana if you have any questions or need additional information about volunteering with Reach.
- Thank you for sharing your time and energy with us and our residents.
Igniting human potential is simple: RELATIONSHIP. This is what Open Table is all about…a group of ordinary people, just like you, making a year-long commitment to act, through relationship, as a team of life specialists, encouragers, and advocates. The Table works together with the brother or sister to set goals, foster accountability and implement a plan to create change.
If you are interested in giving someone a hand up instead of a handout, we would love to talk with you about Open Table. Reach is currently searching for volunteers for our next Open Table. This is a great opportunity to support a brother or sister and help lift him/her out of poverty. This is a wonderful experience for the brother/sister and all of the table participants.
Training starts at the end of September and the Table begins in October.
For more information please contact Carrol Lourie at 240-818-7555 or email@example.com.