It has been said that true service is not a “one-time” effort, but a lifestyle. We can only accomplish what we do because of the more than 1600 volunteers who exemplify a lifestyle of service, coming back year after year, some even week after week, to run our shelter and resource center. As valuable as these people are to our mission, there are numerous others who work behind the scenes, doing the unseen tasks that are vital to keeping our organization alive and well. To all of you, we say a big “THANK YOU.”
Here are some tangible ways you can support our work.
- Pray – We believe in the power of God to give us wisdom and to transform the lives of those we serve, so we covet your prayers for our staff, volunteers and clients.
- Become a Shelter Sponsor – Various congregations/organizations “sponsor” a week of the cold weather shelter, providing volunteers and meals. Training is provided. Contact our office for more information.
- Become a Shelter Volunteer – If you belong to a congregation that sponsors a week of the shelter, contact your church coordinator to find out how you can help. Others who desire to volunteer may contact coordinators to see if they can help during a given week.
- Do a Supply Drive – We keep an ongoing list of supplies needed to run the shelter and summer shower and laundry program. This is a great project for children’s clubs, scouting troops, etc. Click Current Shelter Needs List 07-12-17 to find out what we need to stay well-stocked through April 2 when our shelter closes for the season.
- Be an Advocate – Tell friends, co-workers, and family about what we do. Share any special needs we post. “Like” us on Facebook, make comments and share our posts. Talk about Reach on your other social media networks. Tell us about people or organizations you know that provide grants to non-profits and put in a good word for us. Sign up for our e-newsletter by entering your information in the fields on the right side of this page and share the newsletters with your network.
- Become a Partner Congregation – Partnership with local congregations who give financially on a monthly/quarterly enables us to meet the ever-increasing crisis needs and supports our efforts to move qualifying shelter guests toward long term employment and permanent housing. Call the Reach office to schedule an informational meeting with your pastoral or missions staff.
- Become a Sustaining Giver – We are a non-profit organization that relies primarily on the faith community for ongoing support. Your regular monthly contribution enables Reach to help those in poverty become more stable. Click “Donate” in the upper right corner of this site for giving options.
- Event Planning – Our major fundraising event is “Taste of the Town” and it is held each September. Click “Contact” above and send us a message if you are interested in joining the group that plans this event annual event.