Reach of Washington County is a nonprofit, faith-based, organization serving Washington County since 1990. We are part of a network of local service providers and local congregations to assist low income, impoverished families and individuals during times of financial crisis. We have a small, but mighty staff with over 1600 volunteers each year to help is run our programs. We are called to serve the impoverished in the community and treat all of our clients with dignity and respect while being a bridge to independence. Reach offers a plethora of services ranging from homelessness prevention to homelessness resolution. We are so thankful for all of the community support!
To support and strengthen the community by preventing and resolving homelessness in Washington County. We empower individuals and families to move toward independence and stability through compassion, education, advocacy and resources.
- Compassion – We demonstrate compassionate concern for individuals lacking the means to provide food and shelter for themselves.
- Diversity – We believe that every person, regardless of race, ethnicity, political persuasion or religious affiliation is entitled to receive life services.
- Dignity – We respect the dignity of individuals by providing the highest level of integrity and confidentiality in our operation, programs and services.
- Partnership – Because we recognize that the task of ending poverty and homelessness is greater than the work of any one organization, we work with a wide variety of organizations and service providers.
- Relationship – We encourage and welcome all members of our community to volunteer their time and talents and to build relationships while serving those in crisis.
- Faith – We adhere to a faith-based view that emphasizes the dignity and worth of every human being and their ultimate dependency upon God for personal strength and purpose for living.