Our 2018-19 Cold Weather Shelter will open the last Sunday of October. Find out what supplies we currently need by clicking Summer Shelter Needs.
We provide temporary shelter for homeless adults age 18 and over…those who can care for themselves and are not at risk to themselves or others. The shelter is open from late October through the first Sunday in April and is operated and staffed primarily by volunteers from churches or organizations on a weekly basis. Hours of operation are 7pm to 7am Monday through Saturday and 3pm to 7am on Sundays. Hours may be extended during severe weather/cold. The Day Resource Center is open 9am to 1pm daily for those who need a place to stay warm.
Maximum bed capacity is 42 (30 men and 12 women). When the temperature or wind chill factor is 32 degrees or below and/or there is the presence of snow up to 6 overflow beds are available.
- 7-8pm – Check-in time and hot evening meal is served
- 9pm – Lights are dimmed in the dining area
- 10pm – Sleeping area lights off
- 6am – Lights on and everyone up
- 6-6:45am – Light breakfast is served
- 7am – Everyone must exit the building