We are officially kicking off our 2020 Matching Funds Campaign and we need YOU to make it a success!
Once again we are incredibly blessed to have generous donors providing up to $25,000 in matching gift funds! We challenge you to take advantage of this opportunity to donate once and make twice the impact between now and December 31, 2020.
Have a PayPal account? Click the link to donate (no fees):
No PayPal Account? No worries! Simply drop a check in the mail payable to Reach of Washington County, 140 W. Franklin Street, Suite 300, Hagerstown, MD 21740.
Due to generous support of the community in fiscal year 2020 we were able to support 3,500 Washington County residents through our programs: 6,385 shelter bed nights during the cold weather season, case management, crisis services, mail services, eviction prevention, IDs and birth certificates, permanent housing, and financial literacy. Additionally, in fiscal year 2020, our dedicated case managers permanently housed 43 individuals. None of this would be possible if it were not for your support.
As you are aware, 2020 has been a challenging year due to COVID-19. Despite these challenges, our programs continued to assist and support our clients. Due to the pandemic, we are seeing individuals and families with higher-than-normal crisis needs and we are facing a challenging shelter season. We are dedicated to continuing our mission regardless of the challenges, but we need your help! Your support will help us provide critical services from homeless prevention to independence which includes permanent housing. How amazing is it that together we can help our county’s homeless move from the streets to a warm bed with food and job possibilities?
You can help us prevent and resolve homelessness in Washington County today. Here’s what your tax-deductible donation can provide:
• $1,300 will support 1 week of the Bridge to Change program which will help 6 individuals develop confidence and soft skills for independence by cleaning the City of Hagerstown.
• $1,000 will provide first month’s rent and security deposit toward permanent housing.
• $500 will aid toward eviction prevention.
• $250 will provide utility assistance and financial literacy support.
• $100 will provide a warm bed for a homeless person for two nights.
• $50 will provide a warm bed for a homeless person for one night.
• $25 will provide an ID card or birth certificate.
We want to extend a big “thank you” to these gracious Match grant donors: Anonymous, Hebron Mennonite Church, Hilltop Christian Fellowship, Hagerstown Church of the Nazarene, God’s Grace Fund, and Margaret Louise Harrison In Honor of her children Hillary Smith Wade and Hunter Harrison Wade.
Please know that your gift will help individuals and families find housing security and peace of mind.