Title: Bridge to Change Supervisor (part-time)
Position: Support and supervises the Bridge to Change participants and organized the Bridge to Change program.
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Bridge to Change participants on work shifts.
- Encourage and uplift program participants while supporting their development of life skills (reliability, teamwork, responsibility).
- Work alongside program participants cleaning up trash in public areas of the City of Hagerstown.
- Manage and coordinate work schedule. Prepare all materials for each work shift.
- Collaborate with Case Managers on client participation.
- Coordinate locations and trash pick-up with City of Hagerstown as needed.
- Debrief with crew and Reach staff each workday.
- Manage the Bridge to Change program materials.
- Enter all data entry for program.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- 1-2 years of Supervisor experience
- Experience working with clients with multiple issues of homelessness, mental illness and substance abuse.
- Ability to navigate downtown area.
- Ability to disciple and support the participants while working the program.
- Must be willing to clean alongside the participants during the work shifts.
- Ability to use PC and MS office.
- Experience collaborating with different organizational functions/programs.
- Must be able to walk long distances (4-6 miles) during a shift.
- Must be able to bend over, carry garbage bag, and lift up to 40-50 lbs.
Hours and benefits
- 15 hours a week (may vary). Preferred shift time mornings but negotiable.
- Earned paid time off
- Simple IRA eligible after 1 year of service
Reach of Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, please submit your resume and a short cover letter to Dana Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28. No phone-calls please.